Transitions are rarely easy. From the move home from college to the start of a new job, there are many times when the move from one situation to another can be full of stress. The end of a marriage, of course, is no exception. Even an uncontested divorce can be full of difficult emotions and challenging discussions about the custody of children and the division of property. As a result, most couples realize that they need to help of a divorce attorney to most successfully navigate the changes they are facing.
From child custody attorneys to legal representatives who can help with interstate custody disputes, there are many people who feel they are in a situation that will help them understand all of the options that are available to them. In the case of an uncontested divorce it is still important to understand that there are many times when getting legal advice is in your best interest.
Have You Ever Had to Seek the Advice of a Divorce Attorney?
The latest research indicates that the divorce rate in America for a first marriage is around 41%. And it might not be surprising that the divorce rate for a second marriage is 60% and the divorce rate for a third marriage is 73%. In all of these cases, it is important to realize that there are many times when these transitions are difficult to navigate without experienced legal advice.
Consider some of these other facts and figures about divorce in America:
- Communication problems, infidelity or betrayal, financial problems, abuse, and loss of interest are the top five reasons for divorce in the U.S.
- 30.5 is the mean age of males seeking a divorce for the first time.
- 29 is the mean age of a woman for a first divorce.
- When first marriages do end in divorce, they typically last approximately 8 years.
- More than one million people have parents who separate or divorce every year in the U.S.
- The average length of divorce proceedings in the U.S. is 1 year.
There are many indicators that can help you predict that your marriage will be a success. For instance, research indicates that marriages are more likely to last longer when people marry at an older age, have a higher education, and earn more money. Even when you fall into one of these categories, however, you can find yourself in a situation where your marriage is not working. When this is the case, even if you think that you will have an uncontested divorce, it is important to work with an experienced attorney who can help you understand all of your options.