When marriages go wrong they can often get very messy. From interstate custody disputes to child custody laws to situations that need a custody evaluation, there are a number of reasons that people need to consult divorce lawyers and child support lawyers.
Even marriages that seem great on the outside can turn into situations that require legal advice. It is important , for instance, to make sure that you seek the legal counsel that you need sooner rather than later. And while the only help that some couples need may be from an uncontested divorce attorney, there are other situations that require more legal help.
Even parents who have the best of intentions can find themselves struggling when it comes to interstate custody disputes and other complications that result from divorces. Finding the right attorneys, however, can help you make sure that you are prepared for all of the other challenges that you will have to face.
Consider some of these facts and figures about divorce in America and the implications that families have to deal with:
- One year is the average length of divorce proceedings in the U.S.
- 29 is the mean age of a woman for a first divorce in the U.S.
- 30.5 is the mean age of a man seeking a divorce for the first time in the U.S.
- Interestingly enough, salespeople, optometrists, podiatrists, agricultural engineers, and nuclear engineers are more likely to divorce than people in other professions.
- Communication problems, infidelity or betrayal, financial problems, abuse, and loss of interest are the top five reasons for divorce in the U.S.
- While the Northeast has the lowest marriage and divorce rates, Western states typically have the highest marriage and divorce rates, followed by the South.
If you are in the middle of a very messy divorce, you are likely very aware of the problems, challenges, and decisions that are involved. If you are just now in the process of filing for a divorce, hopefully you will find the right legal counsel to help you understand the transitions that you will need to make. Any time a marriage includes children the divorce proceedings are obviously more complicated.